The Road Not Taken

Sometimes I wish I were in another's shoes.
Perhaps if I had another job, I'll be happier.
Perhaps if I had twins, my family will be complete.
Perhaps if I had more money, I will dress better.
Perhaps......
And the list goes on and on.

Fortunately, I quickly snap out of this wishful thinking and remind myself that the grass is greener where it is watered.
There is no easy life. Indeed, an easy life may very well not be a fulfilled one.

This poem by Robert Frost reminds me to persevere and stay focused no matter where i find myself. Mine has not been an easy life but I won't have it any other way.


Photo credit: http://radiowest.kuer.org/post/road-not-taken


The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
and be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden back.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if i should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts